STOP PRESS: • ALL UPDATES IN THE LEAD-UP TO AND DURING THE EVENT WILL BE POSTED ON THE BATTLE OF THE BOATS FACEBOOK PAGE PLEASE ALSO CHECK OUT OUR INSTAGRAM FOR PHOTOGRAPHS OF OUR CARNIVAL.
• ALL COMPETITORS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR PINK VEST. LIMITED VESTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE.
• ALL TEAMS MUST HAVE PAID PRIOR TO EVENT TO COMPETE IN RACES. NO PAY NO PLAY
2020 ENTRIES & PAYMENT
Saturday 27 Feb 2020 – Sunday 28 Feb 2021
Entries are open! ENTER NOW and pay online with credit card
Pay via Electronic Funds Transfer:
Pacific Palms SLSC
Account No: 10135953
Please use BoB and your club / crew name as a reference
Enter code "INVOICEME" at checkout to receive an invoice PAYABLE BY DATES BELOW (If entering on Last Minute cut-off date you will have to transfer funds whilst waiting for invoice!)
Tim Knight Club Relay
Early Bird Payment
due by 13 Feb 2021
$110 per crew
$90 per crew
FREE ENTRY 2020
Last Minute Payment
due by 18 Feb 2021
$130 per crew
$110 per crew
FREE ENTRY 2020
If payment has not been received by the due dates given above, your entry will be withdrawn so draws can be changed in time. No pay, no play!
• It is the responsibility of each club to ensure that all crews entered are eligible to compete and all members proficient – when registering on Friday night or Saturday morning a representative sweep from each club will be required to sign off on this.
• If you have any question emails us - firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Battle Of The Boats on FACEBOOK
2020 Battle Of The Boats RESULTS
Battle of the Boats 2015 Courtesy of Leah New • Forster Films
PREMIER COMPETITION – PRISTINE LOCATION
Battle of the Boats offers a high volume of guaranteed racing against quality competition in an idyllic setting – a perfect gauge in the lead up to State and Aussies! The block format means most competitors only commit to being on the beach for a morning or afternoon, avoiding the all-day-drain experience. Supporters enjoy spending time in Pacific Palms, too!
This year we have taken on board much of your feedback regarding racing options, entry fees, prize money, medals, etc.
We have retained our reduced our entry fees in 2021 so they are more closely aligned with other surfboat carnival entry costs.
We know you’re here for the racing and not the prizes, but we love our BoB medals and they will remain up for grabs for the first three placegetters in EACH DIVISION!
Prizemoney on offer so far in 2021:
Open Men – thanks to Pacific Palms SLSC
Open Women – thanks to Pacific Palms SLSC
U19 Men – Robbo’s Row thanks to Steve Scott
Tim Knight Club Relay - thanks to the Knight and Williams families
Thank you to those who took the time to provide feedback at BoB2020. You responded, we listened and have made the change most people requested – the dropping of seeding for races. With a guaranteed 6 races for most divisions you will have to bring you’re a-game to every race… and that’s why we all LOVE surfboats!
We always appreciate constructive feedback and/or suggestions for future carnivals – just send an email or see us on the beach in February!
Please remember our beautiful beach is in a National Park – no dogs, no camping, no fires and place your rubbish in the correct bin!
REGISTRATION OPEN: click here
photos courtesy of dave ellis & michelle genovese
For accommodation contact one of the following sponsors or services:
MCC DESTINATION SERVICES
General booking enquiries:
T-1800 692 805
285 Boomerang Drive
1800 22 00 21
Click HERE for website and more info.
186 Boomerang Drive
02 6554 0665
Click HERE for website and more info.
PALMS GROVE HOLIDAY APARTMENT
Phone: 0407 659 224
MOBYS BEACHSIDE RETREAT
Boomerang Drive, Boomerang Beach
• ENTRY IS ONLINE HERE
• For details relating to adverse weather and back-up plan click HERE
• Sweeps’ Meeting 7.00am Saturday in front of recorder’s tent
• Guns go up at 7.30am Saturday and 7.00am Sunday
• If clubs have 2 or more crews racing in the same division they must provide 2 or more boats for these crews to reduce boat movements and time delaysbetween areas.
• 5 rounds of Masters Men and Women (if sufficient entries permit stand-alone women’s category) with the top 6 going through to a final. 3 rounds on Saturday and 2 rounds on Sunday.
• 5 rounds of Reserves with the top 12 to race 2 semi finals. Top 6 go through to the final. 3 rounds on Saturday and 2 rounds on Sunday.
• At the discretion of the Referee there will be 4 rounds of Open Men and Women on the Saturday leaving 2 rounds on the Sunday to decide the top 6 crews through to the final.
• The Club reserves the right to cap entries. This would be done on a first in basis. Late entries risk missing the cut.
••• ALL COMPETITORS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR PINK VEST •••
Teams please download the following documents just before the event (may change, please follow any instructions given on the weekend):
Traffic plan HERE
Parking plan HERE
Parking details HERE
We understand that some crews are eligible to enter and race in two divisions, e.g. Open Men and U23 Men. In 2020, if you elect to pull out of one of these categories, you will be removed from both – all or nothing! (Unless pulling out due to injury in crew but another of your club rowers is available and eligible to row in remaining division.)
A Masters Women's category will be run again this year if a minimum of 5 crews enter. Spread the word and get your entries in if you want to make this happen!
TIM KNIGHT CLUB RELAY
1. Club may select to row crews in any order
2. On starter’s gun any team rower to run from lane marker to touch back of team boat
3. Crew not to jump into boat until runner touches back of boat
4. Row course
5. On approach to beach one crew member to run from boat around marker and return to touch back of team boat
6. After runner leaves boat all team can assist in turning craft and preparing for next leg
7. Crew may only start after runner touches back of team boat
8. Row second leg of course
9. Repeat rules 4, 5 & 6 until all crews have completed course legally
10. On final leg approach race is completed by crew member leaving boat and running to touch lane marker
AT THE MERCH TENT
SINGLETS & T-SHIRTS
or 5 for $110
For more details &
BATTLE OF THE BOATS BACK-UP VENUE INFO FOR CLUBS
We understand that Wallis Lake does not provide an ideal surfboat racing environment given the lack of surf, shallow depth and limited space. Please understand that we are obligated to provide a backup venue. Given that most crews have accommodation pre-booked and will still travel to Pacific Palms regardless of surf conditions, we will continue to provide the opportunity for crews to row regardless of weather conditions given the close proximity to State Titles.
BoB2019 saw the best possible opportunity for conditional rowing in a competition setting in the lead up to State Titles – we know it was a hard slog and paid off for some crews at State!
Please note the following:
The backup venue for the event is Wallis Lake at the Pacific Palms Recreation Club. We are required by SLS to have a backup venue for the event.
A check of the swell forecast for the weekend will be undertaken on Thur 20 Feb 2020. If unsafe/unrowable surf conditions are forecast and look highly likely a decision will be made on the evening of Thur 20 Feb 2020 to relocate the event to the backup venue.
In the unlikely event the decision is made on Thur 20 Feb 2020 to relocate the event to Wallis Lake (notice of which would be posted on the BOB Facebook page), crews wishing to withdraw from the event would be refunded 75% of the entry fee if they notify email@example.com by 2pm on Friday 21 Feb 2020.
If a later decision is made to relocate the event to Wallis Lake, i.e. on Friday 21 Feb 2020 or Saturday 22 Feb 2020, crews who advise they would like to withdraw from the event will be refunded 25% of the entry fee.
All key communications in relation to the event will be posted on the Battle of the Boats Facebook page.
The current long-term forecast looks good. Here’s to a great weekend of racing at Lizzy Beach!